I suggest you ...

PO Start Numbers

With our recent upgrade to Touchpoint, the PO numbers started at a lower number than where we left off on our former POS. As we move forward with transitioning our other stores to TP in the coming months, they'll all probably encounter the same thing. For clean bookkeeping, can we begin all TP PO# at like 20000 or something with more than five digits so we can hopefully eliminate any issues?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Natalie Grillo shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminNever Settle (Technology Architecture, Never Settle) responded  · 

Thanks Natalie. Going forward on new sites we can pick the starting ID. Do you know what the highest number of existing data might be? I’d prefer to pick a number that can be as low as possible to avoid adding extra digits if we can. For example, if no store has above 5000 then we could start with that.

The other thing to be aware of is that we use a sequential system for all IDs in the system so that everything is unique (Orders, Products, POs, etc.) There are a couple exceptions like Inventory Counts and Deliveries, but those #s are more behind the scenes. ANYWAY, point is: when we change this minimum ID for POs it will also bump order numbers, product IDs, etc. up as well. Is this ok?

If we can decide on the right baseline number to use (5000, 6000, 7000 ?) then we can also make this change for UMBDR as well. There will be a gap, but going forward it will help disambiguate. We can’t do anything about the existing data for UMBDR though. Let us know a number and if you want us to apply this to UMBDR.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Natalie Grillo commented  · 

Thanks! This all makes sense. And, I just emailed this to you: but I am checking with all the stores to see what the highest number we have right now is...so that we can forecast out a bit from there. I think if we started at 5000 we'd be ok...but I want to verify before having you update things for UMBDR.

Feedback and Knowledge Base