I suggest you ...

Add user-selectable templates to clone for new blog registrations

This would provide self-serve template selection for a new registering user that generates a copy of a template site as their new site from the front-end.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Never SettleAdminNever Settle (Technology Architecture, Never Settle) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fred BFred B commented  · 

Just starting to install the templates plugin for V3. Haven't figured it out yet. Seems my anyone can register on Admin>Settings>General has disappeared somehow. It's not 4.0 because I have 4.o on another site and it's there. As far as charging for sites. If I can get the template registration add-on to work I'm going to try something like Tinypass for the wp-signup page and see how that works. Give them a one time access or maybe twice in case they mess up.

• Never SettleAdminNever Settle (Technology Architecture, Never Settle) commented  · 

That starts to get pretty complicated pretty fast, but it's a great idea. We use and love WooCommerce too. Our initial thought is that if we do this correctly, it should work with any cart / membership system that uses standard WordPress methods for user registration. We might have to do a few specific things to accommodate different ones if there are quirks. Out of the gate we'll support free registrations, but we'd love to get feedback on which carts / membership platforms it also works with or doesn't work with by default. Then we can certainly take a look at what it would take to roll our updates for each. Thanks for the feedback!

• Jason David PelkerJason David Pelker commented  · 

I'd love to see this integrated with an ecommerce plugin, too, such as WooCommerce. That way, network owners could charge for a new site in the network.

Thoughts?

Feedback and Knowledge Base