I suggest you ...

Create an add-on so that a single page or multiple pages could be cloned from one site to multiple sites

There are some companies such as WPMUdev and also Infinite WP that provide this "copy" service where you can copy one page from one site to others in a multisite environment, but to be honest I would trust you with it more than with them.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joseph DowdyJoseph Dowdy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

Many thanks! This is the second time very recently that this idea has crossed our radar. With our new V3 architecture I don’t think it would be too hard to add to the existing Content add-on, or even a new add-on if we starting thinking of additional features to combine with it.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joseph DowdyJoseph Dowdy commented  · 

Well, if you want an additional feature, take a look at the problem faced by someone who creates a landing page (either for themselves or maybe they sell it). Getting that landing page into a site is not easy. You've got a serious issue with the template having to be the same if it's going to work, right? Maybe not considering that there is a plugin that will help with this problem so this sort of thing can be done with the right code with this as proof: https://wordpress.org/plugins/jonradio-multiple-themes/.

So, if you could copy/paste a page from a development site into another site with a different theme, then you could create a landing page in one location and paste it into another.

If someone were a landing page developer, they could sell a landing page and then "export" the page to be copied into the new site.

This would solve a LOT of problems for people who develop landing pages and have clients who are WordPress users or WordPress users who have an existing multisite and then create a new landing page that they want to spread across their network.

Feedback and Knowledge Base