I suggest you ...

Copying Site Option to WIPE the Destination Site Before Clone

I've got some older sites in my Multisite that are just taking up space and if I clone over them I have to delete all pages, delete all posts, delete all Formidable Pro forms, comments, settings, etc.

It would be nice if you had an option to wipe most of this stuff for me on a destination site before cloning takes place. Thanks!

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joseph Dowdy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminNever Settle (Technology Architecture, Never Settle) commented  · 

Thanks, Joseph! To clarify this idea, and make sure we understand, can you maybe provide a couple additional details about your ideal scenario? It seems like it should already work this way. If you clone a template site (that doesn't have any pages / posts / forms / etc.) over an existing site it should wipe the existing site to start clean.

Are you seeing different results?

Or, are you wanting to clone an active site that has pages / posts / forms / etc. but then have an option to wipe the content from the source site after the cloning is complete?

Have you tried the new Content behavior in 3.0.4 ? Selecting option #2 "Empty all posts... and clone the following post types..." and UNchecking all options so that no content is copied? Does that work for your scenario?

Feedback and Knowledge Base