1.1 Installing the themeThere are two different methods to install Powerstore theme:
Using the WordPress built-in theme uploader
- Go to the 'Appearance / Themes' menu in your WordPress Admin Dashboard:
- Click the 'Add New' button located on top:
- Click the 'Upload Theme' button located on top:
- Press the 'Choose File' button, select the powerstore.zip file and click 'Install Now':
- When the uploader is finished (might take a moment), click 'Activate Theme'.
Uploading the theme files through an FTP client
- Using an FTP client (like FileZilla), connect to your web server with your WordPress installation.
- Navigate to /wp-content/themes/ folder and upload the theme folder there.
- Log in to your Wordpress Dashboard and hover your mouse over the Appearance menu and click the Themes menu item.
- You will now see PowerStore listed among the themes. Hover your mouse over the theme and click 'Activate'.
1.2 Installing pluginsAfter activating the theme, you will see a Required Plugins notice: Proceed with installing and activating all the required plugins. They are absolutely necessary for the theme to be fully operational.
1.3 Importing demo contentThis is an optional step but it helps you create your website faster thanks to pre-built pages, posts, products and locations.
Importing the Demo Content:
- Go to the 'Theme Options' panel in your WordPress Dashboard.
- Choose the Help & Demo tab and click the "Install demo content" button.
- When it's finished, you will see new posts, pages, products and locations items and custom menus on your website.
1.4 Basic setupAfter you have the theme installed, you will want to setup the PowerStore theme:
- Go to the Settings menu and click 'Reading'. Select 'a static page' as the 'Front page displays' setting. Choose your own Homepage or the Homepage created with the demo content:
- Go to the 'Appearance / Menus' tab, enter a 'Menu Name' and press 'Create Menu'. If you have imported the demo content - you can go straight to the next step because you already have a menu created. Now, just select the "Primary Navigation" checkbox located in the "Theme Locations" part: After you are done, just add some pages to your brand new menu and hit Save Menu button. Voila!